CONFEDERATION OF CENTRAL GOVT. EMPLOYEES & WORKERS
1st floor, North Avenue Post Office Building, New Delhi-110 001.
Circular No. 17 23-07-2014
1. General Secretaries, State C O Cs
2. National Secretariat Members.
3. Mahila Committee Members
4. Chief Executives of all affiliated organisations.
National Secretariat of the Confederation of Central Govt. Employees & Workers was held on 17th July, 2014 at New Delhi under the presidentship of Com.K.K.N.Kutty. Com.S.K.Vyasji, Advisor was also present.
The meeting held detailed chapter-wise discussion on the memorandum submitted to 7th CPC by the JCM National Council, Staff side. The following decisions are taken.
1. It is decided to submit a detailed memorandum by Confederation to 7th CPC before 31-07-2014 on common demands of the Central Govt. Employees incorporating all the acceptable suggestions / additions / alterations put forward by the rank and file membership and also leaders at State / CHQ level.
2. In the maiden Budget of Modi Government none of the major demands of the Central Govt. Employees such as DA merger, Interim relief, inclusion of Gramin Dak Sevaks under 7th CPC, compassionate appointment etc. are considered. National Secretariat is of the considered opinion that submitting memorandum and interim memorandum to 7th CPC alone will not solve the problems of Central Government employees. Educating the employees and Creating mass sanction of entire employees behind the demands is a must. Hence, it is decided to organise phased agitational programmes for settlement of confederation charter of demands.
3. As it is indicated that AIRF leadership has expressed its willingness for a joint programme of action on common demands, the National Secretariat decided not to declare the Confederation’s nationwide phased programme of action, for the time being and wait for the outcome of the joint meeting being arranged by AIRF leadership. National Secretariat authorised the Headquarters Office Bearers to declare the phased programme of action later on at an appropriate time.
4. National Secretariat adopted a resolution on the continued attack by TMC hooligans on the working class of West Bengal and decided to organize “West Bengal Solidarity Day ” on 27-08-2014 throughout the country. Copy of the resolution is appended. All District / State COCs and affiliated organisations are requested to organise the programme throughout the country, in a befitting manner.