SOME IMPORTANT POINTS TO BE NOTED IN THE PAY COMMISSION IMPLEMENTATION ORDERS
1. There shall be two dates for grant of increment namely, 1st January and 1st July of every year, instead of existing date of 1st July; provided that an employee shall be entitled to only one annual increment on either one of these two dates depending on the date of appointment, promotion or grant of financial up-gradation.
This is actually some good news for new recruits and who are about to get promotion to higher cadre. As per this point there will not be 6 months mandatory service requirement to get annual increment in the first year of appointment.
So we can assume that officials who joined the service on or after 1st day of January will get their annual increment on 1st day of January of the next year and for officials who have joined the service before 1st January will get their annual increment on 1st of July of every year.
2. The Commission’s recommendations and Government’s decision thereon with regard to revised pay structure for civilian employees of the Central Government and personnel of All India Services as specified at Annexure I and the consequent pay fixation therein as specified at Annexure II shall be effective from the 1st day of January, 2016. The arrears on this account shall be paid during the financial year 2016-2017.
As per the above point it is mentioned that the arrears will be paid in this financial year itself but they have not mentioned the exact date of payment of arrears. At least we can expect the arrears before the end of this financial year itself.
3. The recommendations on Allowances (except Dearness Allowance) will be referred to a Committee comprising Finance Secretary and Secretary (Expenditure) as Chairman and Secretaries of Home Affairs, Defence, Health and Family Welfare, Personnel and Training, Posts and Chairman, Railway Board as Members. The Committee will submit its report within a period of four months. Till a final decision on Allowances is taken based on the recommendations of this Committee, all Allowances will continue to be paid at existing rates in existing pay structure, as if the pay had not been revised with effect from 1st day of January, 2016.
This point tells us about the allowances. They have again created a panel which will give its report in 4 months period. Until that time we will get allowances at old rates only and in the existing pay structure itself. That means only our Basic Pay will change and all allowances will be paid as per old basic only till the new committee gives its report.
4. The recommendations of the Commission relating to interest bearing Advances as well as interest free Advances have been accepted with the exception that interest free Advances for Medical Treatment, Travelling Allowance for family of deceased, Travelling Allowance on tour or transfer and Leave Travel Concession shall be retained.
According to this point it is clear that all advances are abolished except Medical advance , LTC advance, TA on tour or transfer and TA for family of deceased. All other advances like festival advance motor cycle advance, computer advance etc have been abolished henceforth.
5. The recommendations of the Commission for increase in rates of monthly contribution towards Central Government Employees Group Insurance Scheme (CGEGIS) for various categories of employees has not been accepted. The existing rates of monthly contribution shall continue. Department of Expenditure and Department of Financial Services will work out a customised group insurance scheme for Central Government employees.
CGEGIS rates will continue at the same rates as now. May be a new group insurance scheme may come in future.
So these are the main points regarding the actual pay in the Gazette. New increased salaries will be paid from august hopefully.